6.20.2008

barefoot driving

I strongly feel that driving barefoot is the best way to drive. Ninety percent of the time that I drive I am without shoes. It provides maximum comfort, allowing the feet to breathe and be free. This discourages athletes feet and foot odor. It allows for a more precise and safe control over things such as the brake, gas, and clutch pedals (as well as parking brakes and headlight bright switches for older cars). Being able to physically feel the pedals and wrap your toes around them permits the driver to operate more smoothly, and react quicker. Shoes distort the distance between your foot and the pedal, and also make accidentally hitting the wrong pedal easier (especially for those who drive a manual transmission). Let me clarify that I am not opposed to socks. Socks are flexible and still allow the foot to physically feel, while absorbing sweat and keeping the feet clean. In fact, even when I wear sandals I still wear socks. But as soon as I get into my car, off come the sandals until my destination is reached.



See, when I googled "barefoot driving" to steal an image for this post, I found one on "the fun times guide". Seems I am not the only person on the Internet that understands the benefits of driving barefoot! Fun times for all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will always drive barefoot. My foreign car takes time to start,but as I flick the pedals with my bare feet I can feel it as it finally starts, shoving in the clutch, pumping the gas pedal is all so much fun when you're barefoot.

January 14, 2009 at 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drive barefoot almost all the time. I've even gone barefoot into stores and restaurants. I've even gone barefoot at church.

May 1, 2009 at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home