4.04.2008

work space rearrangement

So I work for the Indiana Geological Survey, through the Center for Geospatial Data Analysis as well as for the environmental sector. At work, I have a computer that I work on daily. This computer sits on a desk in a corner of a windowless room. I have worked here for nearly a year now, but have only just begun to really make it home. Within the course of the past week, I have rearranged the entire layout of my immediate workspace, taking advantage of unused pieces of furniture and objects such as a small bookshelf and a chalkboard and a bulletin board. Now a bookshelf sits, although mostly empty, on my desk and a chalkboard sits on my left, just waiting to be filled with cross-sectional structural drawings and math equations. The bulletin board has been stripped of nearly all of its prior content (mostly IU's anticlimactic 2003 basketball season), and I have begun to reconstruct it with my own personal clippings. I did leave the picture of Bat Boy on the board, however...




With this newly designed and space-optimized workspace, I feel much more at home while at work, and enjoying your work environment is the first step toward workplace happiness. Even a redesigned corner cannot sugar-coat the mind-numbing experience of staring at a computer screen for 8 hours, however. And what do I do when I get home? Stare at a computer screen for a few more hours. Silly me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home